Tuesday, July 5, 2011

mystery weekend - solved!
an island 350 kms Eastish, accessible only by ferry!
SO great!
biking
scrabble
reading
eating (yes, that IS in fact bacon and cheese on white baguette - the cardiac arrest express!)
dinosaurs
more scrabble
water
mountains
photos
polaroids
childhood memories
story-swapping
more wine
more food
more reading
relaxing like crazy. 

it was so great. I promised a full(er) update of life. I have a job at Newtown, an awesome 4-story restaurant/lounge/terrace/nightclub.
Yesterday I had a $1000 bill (proudly done by a bunch of guys from Stonewall) and received zero tip because I am "still training" and therefore the $171 tip went to my co-workers.
ACK!
I was more than unimpressed with it. 
it'll be my turn soon.
right?
otherwise, my days have been very lazy. hot. I'm used to being back in Canada but still lethargic and unsocial. 
I just want to write poetry and take photos and eat healthy food and watch the weather. I can't say I'm "forcing" myself to go out, but I'm certainly heavily considering everytime I want to do something. 
[sorry to those who have to deal with me!]

Now that I'm "coming into my own" here, I sure wish I closer friends to share it all with. I want to talk and laugh and share and whisper to people I know well. 
I want a trade.
a skill.
to be done school.

It's nice how my priorities have changed. Remember readers when all I wanted was haircuts and flowers? Now I want an education (completed, preferably)
friends
love
and
laughter

Do I sound bleak? I suppose I do. I'm not bleak. I'm not even bored. I wish I had a car to explore with. Plan is to get to Winnipeg and pick up Harpo and drive him back. I don't know how, when, or with whom. But a plan is hatching!

The quality of my writing has gone down hill. And so has my photography. all in one fell swoop. dear oh dear.
friends: I know Folk Fest has firedancingmusiclovedrugsdrinkinghappinesssunshine&awesome
buttt....
come hang out in Montreal instead!?

ok. I'm done bickering. Below are photos from the weekend getaway. Other photos of life en Montréal will just have to come some other time.

I dreamed (dreamt? is that only phonetically?) I had a perfect friend who lived next to me and wanted to explore with a camera in hand the many facets of this city. 
July brings work and heat and music and more laziness.
Also, cheap blueberries at the grocery store.
























xox

à bientôt
K

No comments:

Post a Comment

of note:

24 (1) alive (1) alright (1) anger (1) Anniversary (1) anxiety (1) baking (1) beach (1) belief (1) best friend (1) books (1) break-through (1) broke (1) cappucinos (1) change (1) childhood (1) children (1) Christmas (2) clothes (2) cockfight (1) complaining (1) concerts (1) couchsurfing (1) ear (1) empty (1) enough (1) equinox (1) essays done (1) Family (4) Fancy (1) field trip (1) food (1) france (1) friday (1) Friends (3) Genocide (1) Gifts (1) gloom (1) goals (1) happy (1) heart (1) heroes of might and magic (1) Holidays (1) homeless (1) human rights (1) humility (1) hunger (1) international (1) internship (1) knives (1) lame (2) life (6) life lessons (1) lion (1) love (15) march (1) me (2) meltdown (1) mishaps (1) missing (2) modesty (1) Montreal (21) Moses (2) muffins (1) Mum (1) music (1) narcissism (3) new (1) New habit (1) Nicoisms (3) Nicolas (4) no shame (1) nostalgia (2) nostress (1) okay (1) on the up and up (1) ouch (1) pain (1) Party (1) passion (1) photography (17) reflection (1) romanticism (1) Rwanda (1) sad (1) self (6) shame (1) sick (1) single (1) snow (2) sorry for self (1) spring? (1) St Lucia (1) summer (1) sun (1) surprise (1) terrible (1) tomorrow might be better (1) travel (1) uganda (6) unimpressed (1) universe (1) upsettedness (1) vanity (1) visits (1) wants (1) weather (1) wine (2) Winnipeg (2) world (1)