Friday, December 23, 2011

02.19. December 22/23rd

the people who know me best live in Winnipeg
but we're not friends anymore

tonight was a clear example of that

If Montreal is my home, then where are my friends there? Where are the people who I can hang out with? walk with? Talk with? Go to shows with?
Being in Winnipeg makes me feel lonely.

the person I thought would know me best, still does. And that's comforting. It's a bittersweet comfort though since our lives are not nearly as in tandem as we once thought they would be.
And while I'm so happy for him (and genuinely, at that!) it still reinforces my loneliness.

Yes...the hardest part of moving is this: I'm split. I'm discovering. Recovering. Downsizing.
Still yearning for a sense of home...not within someone, but rather WITH someone.

I have so much love to share.
But as of now, no one to share it with.

i really, really want this to change.

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

of note:

24 (1) alive (1) alright (1) anger (1) Anniversary (1) anxiety (1) baking (1) beach (1) belief (1) best friend (1) books (1) break-through (1) broke (1) cappucinos (1) change (1) childhood (1) children (1) Christmas (2) clothes (2) cockfight (1) complaining (1) concerts (1) couchsurfing (1) ear (1) empty (1) enough (1) equinox (1) essays done (1) Family (4) Fancy (1) field trip (1) food (1) france (1) friday (1) Friends (3) Genocide (1) Gifts (1) gloom (1) goals (1) happy (1) heart (1) heroes of might and magic (1) Holidays (1) homeless (1) human rights (1) humility (1) hunger (1) international (1) internship (1) knives (1) lame (2) life (6) life lessons (1) lion (1) love (15) march (1) me (2) meltdown (1) mishaps (1) missing (2) modesty (1) Montreal (21) Moses (2) muffins (1) Mum (1) music (1) narcissism (3) new (1) New habit (1) Nicoisms (3) Nicolas (4) no shame (1) nostalgia (2) nostress (1) okay (1) on the up and up (1) ouch (1) pain (1) Party (1) passion (1) photography (17) reflection (1) romanticism (1) Rwanda (1) sad (1) self (6) shame (1) sick (1) single (1) snow (2) sorry for self (1) spring? (1) St Lucia (1) summer (1) sun (1) surprise (1) terrible (1) tomorrow might be better (1) travel (1) uganda (6) unimpressed (1) universe (1) upsettedness (1) vanity (1) visits (1) wants (1) weather (1) wine (2) Winnipeg (2) world (1)