Sunday, April 10, 2011

01.2? April 10, 2011

okay.

for now, the nausea has stopped.
my heart is still beating.
still, I lost a lot of stuff. Is the world trying to tell me something?
all those photos from the last year - gone.
I never thought I'd say it, but I wish I had facebook. ow. Ma coeur.

and I wanted so badly to share with you wonderful readers all the happy things in my life.
but no. let's focus a little longer on my hard drive crashing.
............

that was us focusing, by the way.

............

why?
*whimper*

$150 later, most of my stuff is back except for aforementioned photos (~2000 of them), videos, and music.
oh ya. all my music is gone (again).

everything happens for a reason. everything happens for a reason. everything happens for a reason.

okay. Renaissance I suppose. Re-birth. Time to re-birth my self (didn't I JUST do that?!?!)

breathe. sigh. let it go.

here's something I wrote on the metro the other day:

new theory: why bother dressing well if you're just going to be a huge bitch? take your negative energy and cute top somewhere else.
oh baby baby it's a wild world. hard to get by just upon a smile girl.
indeed.

For the first time in my life I blend in. I look like a hipster. Why aspire to be that? All my uniqueness gone? No...I have qualities. Qualifying qualities. I know that a typewriter needs ribbon...it's not just a wall decal. A prop for a lifestyle. I'm redeemed in my knowledge of practicality (at least in my own standards). I can't believe there were no katie-to-inanimate collissions today. My head was dans les nuages as I let the glorious osleil beam me away. I tucked into shops and smiled at new stores, new fabrics, new people....and the old. The curmudgeonous storekeeper who looks shocked himself taht he works on trendy st laurent. 
Paul McCartney is on the metro with me. And that guy's green clad plaid head pad and his "it's no longer ironic" mustache make me glad that I still have some standards. Put the phone away, Katie. You look too conceited for the back of the bus.


I was so happy. The sun was so warm. I felt not lost...I knew exactly where I was and where I was going. And then, I ran into a Winnipegger!

I also had my first photog class. I'm happy with the results.
Here's what I did during the lesson:
first lesson: aperture




second: shutter speed







shutter speed - ISO too high

Third lesson: White balance






combining lessons to shoot jewellery (ugh!! so hard)




using a reflector to illuminate her face

illuminating her face



combining a few things; using a reflector [she said I had good composition]

my experiment walking home. oops, too dark.

keep the aperture and ISO the same, open the shutter for a bit longer. result: positive.


I'm off to see wye oak. remember? fave band? Nico got us tickets! Quel babe.

à bientôt

xox
k


No comments:

Post a Comment

of note:

24 (1) alive (1) alright (1) anger (1) Anniversary (1) anxiety (1) baking (1) beach (1) belief (1) best friend (1) books (1) break-through (1) broke (1) cappucinos (1) change (1) childhood (1) children (1) Christmas (2) clothes (2) cockfight (1) complaining (1) concerts (1) couchsurfing (1) ear (1) empty (1) enough (1) equinox (1) essays done (1) Family (4) Fancy (1) field trip (1) food (1) france (1) friday (1) Friends (3) Genocide (1) Gifts (1) gloom (1) goals (1) happy (1) heart (1) heroes of might and magic (1) Holidays (1) homeless (1) human rights (1) humility (1) hunger (1) international (1) internship (1) knives (1) lame (2) life (6) life lessons (1) lion (1) love (15) march (1) me (2) meltdown (1) mishaps (1) missing (2) modesty (1) Montreal (21) Moses (2) muffins (1) Mum (1) music (1) narcissism (3) new (1) New habit (1) Nicoisms (3) Nicolas (4) no shame (1) nostalgia (2) nostress (1) okay (1) on the up and up (1) ouch (1) pain (1) Party (1) passion (1) photography (17) reflection (1) romanticism (1) Rwanda (1) sad (1) self (6) shame (1) sick (1) single (1) snow (2) sorry for self (1) spring? (1) St Lucia (1) summer (1) sun (1) surprise (1) terrible (1) tomorrow might be better (1) travel (1) uganda (6) unimpressed (1) universe (1) upsettedness (1) vanity (1) visits (1) wants (1) weather (1) wine (2) Winnipeg (2) world (1)