Wednesday, April 13, 2011

01.29. April 13 2011

a hard drive crashing is the best thing ever.
suppose it was the universe's way of granting me that rebirth?
be careful what you blog for, I guess!

ONE lesson and I already understand everything better. Pauvre Nico - he's about to be/has already become my sole model.

Hope you all like franco brunettes!

some of my favourites, taken yesterday on a new/old lens.
click on each photo for full size.



This was unintentionally overexposed, but the combination of the morning light and the bright OJ  with his dark features really worked out well I thought!


fiddling with depth of field and monochrome - the result was lovely! An in-focus reflection on our door with an out of focus Nico in the background. I'm so happy I took it in B&W too; in colour I think some feeling would have been lost.

Around this point Nico was starting to get cold - Northwest wind will do that. hmph. But I intentionally tried to blur the car(s) in the background, with he and his manual form of transport in the foreground. I took a lot of speeding car photos which maybe I'll post later?

les yeux! mm hmm!

"ok ok...let's go inside!"

I'd really appreciate some comments on the photos.
I promise to try to take critique well. Look, I'll even write it twice
I promise to try to take crit---ack. nope. can't do it! I choked on my words. 

à bientôt

xox
k

ps. Nicoism du jour: On worrying about not being able to write: "I don't want it to bring me on blocksed writer."

whatever you say N.

1 comment:

  1. These are fantabulous LKM. Except, I think they might be even MORE fantabulous if a certain brunette with dimples appeared as your secondary model...

    ReplyDelete

of note:

24 (1) alive (1) alright (1) anger (1) Anniversary (1) anxiety (1) baking (1) beach (1) belief (1) best friend (1) books (1) break-through (1) broke (1) cappucinos (1) change (1) childhood (1) children (1) Christmas (2) clothes (2) cockfight (1) complaining (1) concerts (1) couchsurfing (1) ear (1) empty (1) enough (1) equinox (1) essays done (1) Family (4) Fancy (1) field trip (1) food (1) france (1) friday (1) Friends (3) Genocide (1) Gifts (1) gloom (1) goals (1) happy (1) heart (1) heroes of might and magic (1) Holidays (1) homeless (1) human rights (1) humility (1) hunger (1) international (1) internship (1) knives (1) lame (2) life (6) life lessons (1) lion (1) love (15) march (1) me (2) meltdown (1) mishaps (1) missing (2) modesty (1) Montreal (21) Moses (2) muffins (1) Mum (1) music (1) narcissism (3) new (1) New habit (1) Nicoisms (3) Nicolas (4) no shame (1) nostalgia (2) nostress (1) okay (1) on the up and up (1) ouch (1) pain (1) Party (1) passion (1) photography (17) reflection (1) romanticism (1) Rwanda (1) sad (1) self (6) shame (1) sick (1) single (1) snow (2) sorry for self (1) spring? (1) St Lucia (1) summer (1) sun (1) surprise (1) terrible (1) tomorrow might be better (1) travel (1) uganda (6) unimpressed (1) universe (1) upsettedness (1) vanity (1) visits (1) wants (1) weather (1) wine (2) Winnipeg (2) world (1)