Thursday, August 4, 2011

Here I am, hopeful again
I can't say when
I wasn't this way

Don't need to worry about me
That's what I say
It's not what I mean

Here I am, swinging alone
A timeframe surrounds the pictures I hold
But they don't hold up well
Started to wonder if I fell in love with you at all
If I fell in love with you at all

And when will a time come
I could hear a sad love song, that doesn't speak to me
And when will a time come
I could sing a nice love song, using thou and me

Here I am, walking away
My head's held high
What's the use gettin' down
Because all that I wanted is here
I just kept the ground, close to my ears

-- - -- -- - - - --- - - - -


i built a monument
for the love we used to know.
but that is far removed,
and you say that i'm gonna be okay.
and yeah, i'm gonna be okay.
but it doesn't seem that way.
no love, not today.

thought you were made for me
and we shared our history
and in time you'll tear your eyes far away.
like a rubbernecker's gaze
is it really safe to say
that we're just made that way,
made to brave the pain?

'cause i was told to get out
told to leave
told to have my things in the parking lot.

---------------------------------------
I was a blindfold, never complained 
All the survivors singing in the rain 
I was the one with the world at my feet 
Got us a battle, leave it up to me 

What it is and where it stops nobody knows 
You gave me a life I never chose 
I wanna leave but the world won't let me go 
Wanna leave but the world won't let me go 

I was the one with the world at my feet 
Got us a battle, leave it up to me 
Leave it up to me 





three songs I've been playing over and over and over again
I woke up this morning with a rose and piece of chocolate next to my bed
and i'm really okay.

songs: 
that's what I say not what I mean - Feist
Ambulance - Eisley
Blindness- Metric

xox
k

No comments:

Post a Comment

of note:

24 (1) alive (1) alright (1) anger (1) Anniversary (1) anxiety (1) baking (1) beach (1) belief (1) best friend (1) books (1) break-through (1) broke (1) cappucinos (1) change (1) childhood (1) children (1) Christmas (2) clothes (2) cockfight (1) complaining (1) concerts (1) couchsurfing (1) ear (1) empty (1) enough (1) equinox (1) essays done (1) Family (4) Fancy (1) field trip (1) food (1) france (1) friday (1) Friends (3) Genocide (1) Gifts (1) gloom (1) goals (1) happy (1) heart (1) heroes of might and magic (1) Holidays (1) homeless (1) human rights (1) humility (1) hunger (1) international (1) internship (1) knives (1) lame (2) life (6) life lessons (1) lion (1) love (15) march (1) me (2) meltdown (1) mishaps (1) missing (2) modesty (1) Montreal (21) Moses (2) muffins (1) Mum (1) music (1) narcissism (3) new (1) New habit (1) Nicoisms (3) Nicolas (4) no shame (1) nostalgia (2) nostress (1) okay (1) on the up and up (1) ouch (1) pain (1) Party (1) passion (1) photography (17) reflection (1) romanticism (1) Rwanda (1) sad (1) self (6) shame (1) sick (1) single (1) snow (2) sorry for self (1) spring? (1) St Lucia (1) summer (1) sun (1) surprise (1) terrible (1) tomorrow might be better (1) travel (1) uganda (6) unimpressed (1) universe (1) upsettedness (1) vanity (1) visits (1) wants (1) weather (1) wine (2) Winnipeg (2) world (1)